Neighborhood: Crystal Lake
Crystal Lake Park, located off of Bodwell Road in Southern Manchester.
UPDATE: CRYSTAL LAKE BEACH WILL BE STAFFED WITH CHECKERS AT THE GATE. WHEN LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT ON DUTY, THE BEACH IS POSTED "SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK".
Summer Swimming Hours
- 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM - Proof of Residency is Required
- Non Residents are not permitted until after 4:00 pm.
Crystal Lake Park opens for the season in late June. The season continues until approximately Labor Day, depending on weather conditions.
- Hours of lifeguard (if applicable) operation and park curfew 10:00 am - 7:45 pm
- Park Curfew and gates lock when staff leave
- Showers must be taken
- Bathers must wear bathing suits (no shorts or t-shirts)
- The Swimwear Policy is available on the City’s Website or you can ask the facility staff to view a copy.
- Tight fitting rubber pants or plastic “swim pants” are required for those individuals who are diaper dependent or for those who are not toilet trained. Disposable or cloth diapers are not permitted.
- No sitting or hanging on safety (float) line
- Floating aids, masks, snorkels, fins, etc., are not permitted.
- Swimmers wearing a swim vest must have a doctor’s note. Vest must be coast guard approved Type 2 with crotch strap
- No underwater distance swimming
- No boats, canoes, floats or rafts in swimming area
- No jet skis allowed
- Skateboards, Bikes, Rollerblades/skates are not allowed in the bathhouse.
- Non-swimmers must stay in shallow water accompanied by an adult who is less than an arm’s length away.
- No climbing on guard chair and tower
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the park
- No grilling or open flame in park
- Smoking is not permitted on the beach
- Pets of any kind are not permitted beyond the wooden fence
- No swimming or diving off rocks
- Please do not feed the ducks
- No littering
Non-Residents are not permitted in Crystal Lake Park until after 4:00 pm during any season.
During Summer the gate will remain open until 7:45 pm.
During Fall, Winter and Spring the gate will close at sunset